DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF USE for FLOOD MAPS on www.opw.ie/FloodPlans
Agreement to Terms and Conditions of Website
The Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland (the “Commissioners”) have developed the Flood Maps for the Republic of Ireland on www.opw.ie/FloodPlans (the “Website”) as part of the Catchment Flood Risk Assessment and Management (CFRAM) Programme together with Dublin City Council and other Local Authorities in accordance with Regulations 11, 12, 13 and 14 of European Communities (Assessment and Management of Flood Risks) Regulations 2010 to 2015.
- You accept, acknowledge and agree that the Commissioners make no representations, warranties, guarantees or undertakings about any of the information provided on the Website including, without limitation, the accuracy, completeness, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Flood Maps or any other content of the Website and that the Flood Maps and / or any other content of the Website. You agree and acknowledge that the Flood Maps and / or any other content of the Website may be wholly and grossly inaccurate, erroneous and incomplete. . The Commissioners make no representations, warranties, guarantees or undertakings that the information in the Flood Maps or any other content of the Website is up to date.
- The Commissioners do not make any warranties, representations, or undertakings about the content of any other website (including any website owned or operated by or on behalf of the Commissioners) that may be referred to or accessed by hyperlink within the Website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither the State, the Commissioners nor any of its members, officers, associates (including Dublin City Council and other Local Authorities), consultants, employees, affiliates, servants, agents or other representatives shall be liable for any loss or damage whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising out of, or in connection with, the use of, or the inability to use, the Flood Maps or any other content of the Website, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit, or opportunity, loss of, or damage to, property and claims of third parties, even if the Commissioners have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable.
- You accept all and any liability and responsibility for the use of any content on the Website that is downloaded, read or interpreted or used in any way by you or that is passed to a third party by you.
Other Terms and Conditions of Use
- You will not pass on any of the Flood Maps or any other content on the Website to any third party without ensuring that said party is fully aware of the above disclaimer and all of the other Terms and Conditions.
- You accept that you must not use the Flood Maps or any other content of the Website for any commercial, business, professional or other income generating activity.
- You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information. You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by the Commissioners arising from any infringement of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Commissioners make or offer no guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. The Commissioners may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice.
- The Commissioners do not promise that the Website, or any content on it will always be: free from viruses and other malicious or damaging code (if electronic), or that the content will provide any particular facilities or functions or be suitable for any particular purpose. You must ensure that the content meets your needs and are entirely responsible for the consequences of using it.
- You acknowledge that the Commissioners are the owners of all intellectual property rights in the Website, the Flood Maps and all other content on the Website and that such works are protected by copyright laws and treaties worldwide. All such rights are reserved.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions, you are is free to: copy, publish, distribute and transmit the content of the Flood Maps provided always that you must (where you do any of the foregoing):
- not modify or adapt the content;
- acknowledge the source of the content by including the following attribution statement: “Contains Office of Public Works information © Office of Public Works”;
- ensure that you do not use the content in a way that suggests any official status or that the Commissioners of Public Works of Ireland endorse you or your use of the content;
- ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent any information, content or its source or use the information or content in a way that is detrimental to the Commissioners, the Office of Public Works, Dublin City Council, or any Local Authority.;
- ensure that your use of the content does not breach the Data Protection Acts
- ensure that you do not reverse engineer, decompile etc. any code, data or content on the website so as to recreate a full dataset or other content.
- You accept that the Commissioners reserve the right to change the content and/or presentation of the Flood Maps or any other content of the Website at their sole discretion at any time, including and not limited to the disclaimer and /or any other of the Terms and Conditions. You agree to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made and that such changes shall be binding upon you.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Ireland and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.